Made in 1983
2020 has been a very long decade.
Times are uncertain BUT I am turning 37 and I have to count my blessings.
I am richer than I think.
I have the most amazing family and friends.
I have Ilen Maria, my niece.
I have friends that care about me, and inspire me to be the best version of myself every day.
Covid Quarantine Birthday
I have a job I love. I became a photographer because I love giving the gift of memories.
I also co-founded Utility Avenue, a community marketplace for entrepreneurs and small business owners to sell their services and make more money doing what they love.
37 facts about me.
Found these questions in LiveBoldandBloom and thought it would be fun to share a little bit more about me.
- What is my fondest childhood memory? I was ten years old the day my sister was born. I remember going to school and, around noon, her father went to pick me up. I was so excited to get to the hospital to meet her. And there she was : a tiny baby. Twenty-seven years later and she is my best friend and we are twins at heart.
- What’s my favorite way to exercise? I like to do yoga, with Yoga with Adriene... and my daily run/jog/walk.
- Am I a morning person or a night owl? Night owl 300%. I have tried the early bird thing... nope, never worked for me.
- If I could have any superpower, what would it be? I will borrow Chadwick Boseman's words. I would love to freeze time... and I do it, in a way, by freezing moments through my photography.
- Am I an introvert or an extrovert? I am definitely an ambivert, meaning that I am both.
- What is my favorite season of the year? Winter. I like the cold, and my dream is to have a white Christmas.
- What are my favorite TV series? Friends (duh), The Big Bang Theory and Sex and the City.
- Am I a tidy person or a messy one? Tidy. I have some OCD traits so I love everything in its place.
- Am I more of a coffee person or a tea person? Coffee. I drink 2-3 cups per day.
- Do I like school? I do like school because I love learning. I believe in the power of self education: it is a never ending process. I like to study something new every day and honor my Grandpa's words: "knowledge takes no space".
- Have I ever met one of my heroes? If yes, who was it, and how did it go? Evan Carmichael. Thanks to him, "Inspire' is my one word. I met him a year ago in an entrepreneur meetup and he is as inspiring in person as in his Youtube channel.
- Do I speak any other languages? I speak my native Spanish. I also speak English and a bit of French.
- When I was a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up? An actress or a writer.
- Do I prefer dogs or cats? Dogs.
- Do I have any tattoos? Five, but they are very minimalistic.
- Do I have kids? No, but so far, I am a professional tia. I have Ilen Maria and a whole army of "adopted" nieces and nephews.
- Do I have siblings? Yes, two siblings. A sister and a brother.
- What do I do on a typical Friday night? You will probably find me working on my laptop with my latest gallery or project, and playing a movie for background noise.
- What do I do to relax? I like to light a candle, and drink some wine while watching a movie.
- Am I a collector of anything? Memories. I have more than 500k photos, and counting.
- Would movie genre would I rather watch? Romcoms and comedies
- If I could live anywhere for a month, where would that be? Hekelingen, visiting my friend Didem, but we would travel to nearby places.
- What’s the last song I listened to? Tonight, by John Legend.
- What’s a favorite book of mine? Cuore, by Edmondo De Amicis. The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- What’s my spirit animal? The Owl.
- What’s my favorite movie? Price and Prejudice. The Devil Wears Prada.
- What’s a favorite hobby of mine? Photography. Love it so much that it turned into my profession.
- What are the must-haves in the home of my dreams? Lots of light, for photography purposes.
- What’s my favorite kind of dinner? Thai and Mediterranean food.
- What is my star sign? Virgo.
- If I had to move to a different state, where would I rather go? Somewhere where I can experience the four seasons.
- Whom do I miss right now? My family.
- As desserts go, would I rather have ice cream or cheesecake? Both?
- What is one big goal that I want to accomplish this year? Wait and see ;P
- What is one item on my bucket list, and what made me choose it? I want to go to Europe. My dream is to travel the world and experience different cultures.
- If I could master one highly-valued skill in one day, what would I choose? SEO and Coding.
- If I could do anything today, what would I do? Be with my family in Cuba.